Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Amazing to me how fast

It's truely is amazing how fast hackers can hack their way into an OS.  Vista has not been released a week yet, and it's activation scheme has already been hacked.  Copy of the software is already available for download on torrents.

I understand that this is truely the most advanced operating system Microsoft has released, but with the cost of owning the OS in upwards of 500.00 plus, your average "joe" is not able to buy it.  Heck even I cant afford that kind of money for an operating system when Windows XP works just fine for me.  I have a feeling more young people will be downloaded pirated copied of Vista due to the cost.  If Microsoft had put the cost more in lines with XP (200 and up), people would be more inclined to purchase the OS legally.  Instead, they have put it in a price range that most people either cant afford or dont want to afford, the latter being my case.

Wishing I was rich - TMS