Thursday, April 05, 2007

I find that this may be true for a consumer based market, but not for the corporate world

My company will probably not adopt Vista until 08.  There are many reasons for this.  A new OS is still unproven, waiting for a while to adopt, the OS will have gone through many patches and updates.  When we do adopt, we will be implementing a more secure and more robust OS.  We also need time to build our products to work with the new OS.  There are many changes in Vista that affect a variety of programming languages and implementations.



With all that being said, I personally don't see the rush to get Vista on my desktop at home.  I have found that Nvidia drivers are still, to this day, not the greatest.  For me that is crucial, as I game on my home machine more than anything else.



Anyway, read more about the demand for Vista here.





Powered by ScribeFire.